"Baby, It's Cold Outside"
Hypothermia and frostbite happen in a variety of conditions. It is essential to understand their prevention, effects on the body, and treatment modalities.
At the conclusion of this class, each student should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Define hypothermia, frostbite, and frost-nip
- Describe expected symptoms of hypothermia at varying levels of body temperature
- Explain techniques for prevention of cold emergencies, both for providers and patients.
- Explain the importance of removing the source of heat loss from the patient, both by removing the patient from the cold and the cold clothing from the patient.
- Describe and define the following methods of heat loss: conduction, convection, evaporation, and radiation.
- Describe the correct treatments of hypothermia
- Explain and describe treatment of frostbite and frostnip.
NREMT: 1 Individual Component, All Levels
State of Michigan: 1 Medical, All Levels
NOTE: NREMT Approval grants credit in most states
Live Virtual Class
October 18, 2022, 5:00 – 6:00 PM EDT
Price per Student
Are you part of a business or organization that needs training?
If you'd rather, we can come to you instead when it's more convenient.
Let us certify your everyone at once!
Easy and Convenient
After your class, you will receive your certificate by e-mail within 24 hours. All certificates we issue are able to be verified online by a third party because we are proud to stand behind anything we teach.