"Beyond the Spectrum"
Autistic patients present a unique challenge along with safety concerns and needs in their safe and effective management. Providers will learn about Autism Spectrum Disorder and techniques and equipment that can help in their work.
At the conclusion of this class, each student should be able to meet the following objectives:
- List diagnostic criteria for autism spectrum disorder
- Demonstrate understanding of typical signs and characteristics of an autistic patient
- List safety considerations and precautions in interacting with an autistic patient
- Discuss techniques and practices to assist in management of an autistic patient
- Describe appropriate modifications to a typical assessment to accommodate the unique needs of autistic patients.
NREMT: 1 Medical: Special Healthcare Needs
State of Michigan: 1 Patient Assessment
NOTE: NREMT Approval grants credit in most states
Live Virtual Class
December 27, 2022, 2:00 – 3:00 PM EST
Price per Student
Are you part of a business or organization that needs training?
If you'd rather, we can come to you instead when it's more convenient.
Let us certify your everyone at once!
Easy and Convenient
After your class, you will receive your certificate by e-mail within 24 hours. All certificates we issue are able to be verified online by a third party because we are proud to stand behind anything we teach.