"Dreams and Disasters"
Mass Casualty Incidents are both the highlight and the worst fear of providers in the field. This class will discuss the ideal response to mass casualty incidents and analyze various potential incidents and develop hypothetical scenarios describing how principles can be applied
At the conclusion of this class, each student should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Define the National Incident Management System and explain its role in developing protocols for disaster response
- Explain the role of the incident commander in a mass casualty situation
- Describe situations indicating a need for a change in command including changes to the nature of the incident
- Explain the principle of unified command
- Explain the need for a hierarchy in command as it pertains to different roles and responsibilities including the roles of fire, EMS, and law enforcement.
- Consider a potential mass casualty incident and apply principles learned to create a hypothetical plan for response.
NREMT: 1 Operations: Crew Resource Management
State of Michigan: 1 Emergency Preparedness, All Levels
NOTE: NREMT Approval is sufficient for most states to accept credits.
Easy and Convenient
After your class, you will receive your certificate by e-mail within 24 hours. All certificates we issue are able to be verified online by a third party because we are proud to stand behind anything we teach.