"My Achy, Breaky Heart"
Angina accounts for a significant portion of EMS calls with many potential diagnoses. Proper assessment, history taking, and treatment is essential for these patients to stand a fighting chance.
At the conclusion of this class, each student should be able to meet the following objectives:
- List, define, and understand the prioritization of common causes of chest pain, specifically myocardial infarction, GERD, costochondritis, pleurisy, anxiety, and aneurism.
- Describe the performance of a chest pain assessment appropriately tailored to the patient’s complaint and symptomology.
- Describe appropriate dynamic history-taking based upon exam findings, complaint, and symptoms.
- Deduce likely potential causes of chest pain based upon findings gleaned from history and physical exam.
- List and/or describe the following regarding administration of Aspirin: indications, contraindications, dosage, route, and reasonable precautions
- List and/or describe the following regarding assisting patient in the administration of their own Nitroglycerin (BLS) and EMS provided (ALS): indications, contraindications, dosage, route, and reasonable precautions.
- Describe the process of acquiring a 12 lead ECG and transmitting it to the hospital for physician interpretation.
NREMT: 1 Cardiology: ACS, All Levels
State of Michigan: 1 Medical, All Levels
NOTE: NREMT Approval grants credit in most states
Live Virtual Class
October 27, 2023, 12:00 – 1:00 PM EDT
Price per Student
Are you part of a business or organization that needs training?
If you'd rather, we can come to you instead when it's more convenient.
Let us certify your everyone at once!
Easy and Convenient
After your class, you will receive your certificate by e-mail within 24 hours. All certificates we issue are able to be verified online by a third party because we are proud to stand behind anything we teach.