"Over and Out (of Control)
In the winter months, traffic accidents increase and generate need for a specialized skillset used less frequently during the summer. Understanding the types of injuries experienced with differing types of crashes is critical so providers know what they are looking for. Treatment of these injuries, especially without compromising the head, neck, and spine also remain critical to reduce further injury.
At the conclusion of this class, each student should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe various types of motor vehicle accidents and their common injuries including t-bone, sideswipe, head-on, roll-over, rear-end, and car vs. object
- Explain the added dangers of off-road accidents
- Describe extrication processes that preserve the integrity of the head, neck, and back.
- Explain the importance of spinal precautions in motor vehicle accidents.
- Describe assessment and level-appropriate treatment of injuries common to motor vehicle accidents including musculoskeletal injuries, flail chest, head injury, concussion, abdominal injuries, and whiplash.
- Describe the significance of hypothermia in vehicular trauma.
NREMT Course ID: TO00625225
- EMR: 0.5 Trauma; 1 Operations; 0.5 Individual Topic
- EMT: 1.5 Trauma; 0.5 Operations
- AEMT: 2 Trauma
- NRP: 2 Trauma
State of Michigan Approval: 22-ICE-04693
2 Trauma Credits, All Levels
Live Virtual Class
September 17, 2022, 12:00 – 2:00 PM
Price per Student
Are you part of a business or organization that needs training?
If you'd rather, we can come to you instead when it's more convenient.
Let us certify your everyone at once!
Easy and Convenient
After your class, you will receive your certificate by e-mail within 24 hours. All certificates we issue are able to be verified online by a third party because we are proud to stand behind anything we teach.