"Sweet Child of Mine"
Pediatric patients are a unique part of EMS treatment and require a different set of assessment and management skills. This class will explore techniques used to assess these patients, and an in-depth look at management of common medical conditions
At the conclusion of this class, each student should be able to meet the following objectives:
- List anatomical and physiological differences in pediatric patients as opposed to their adult counterparts.
- List common medical conditions encountered by pediatric patients.
- Discuss differing assessment techniques used for pediatric patients as they apply to common medical emergencies.
- Describe common medical illnesses and their treatments in the context of pediatric patients including: juvenile diabetes, RSV, croup, epiglottitis, asthma, appendicitis, and various congenital cardiac abnormalities
- Advocate for maintaining provider competency in regards to the topic at hand and approach it with a level of professionalism and care that befits our industry.
NREMT: 1 Medical: Special Healthcare Needs, All Levels
State of Michigan: 1 Special Considerations: Pediatric Medical, All Levels
NOTE: NREMT Approval grants credit in most states
Easy and Convenient
After your class, you will receive your certificate by e-mail within 24 hours. All certificates we issue are able to be verified online by a third party because we are proud to stand behind anything we teach.